This volume of Advances in Parasitology has a predominantly protozoological flavor.
* The questionable pathogenicity of Blastocytis, a ptorist closely related to amoeboflagellates
* Discussion of Giardia and the evidence of early branching of the eukaryotic stem
* Full overview of current knowledge of the immunology of Leishmania
* Explanation of the way trypanosomatids transport nutrients and ions across their membranes
* A review of the biology of the coccidian parasites of fish with extensive illustrations
* A review of the sexuality of parasitic crustaceans