Historical Sources in Translation
This book presents new translations of Mesopotamian and ancient
Near Eastern historiographic texts, providing the reader with the
primary sources for the history of the ancient Near East.
- A primary source book presenting new translations of
Mesopotamian and ancient Near Eastern historiographic texts, and
other related materials.
- Helps readers to understand the historical context of the Near
- Covers the period from the earliest historical and literary
texts (c.2700 B.C.) to the latest Hellenistic historians who
comment on ancient Near Eastern history (c.250 B.C.)
- Texts range from the code of Hammurabi to the Assyrian royal
- A detailed commentary is provided on each text, placing it in
its historical and cultural context.
- Maps, illustrations and a chronological table help to orientate