Interest in community psychology, and its potential has grown in
parallel with changes in welfare and governmental priorities.
Critical Community Psychology provides students of different
community based professions, working in a range of applied
settings, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, with a
text which will underpin their community psychological work.
· Clear learning objectives and chapter contents outlined
at the start of each chapter.
· Key terms highlighted with definitions, either as
marginal notes or in chapter glossaries.
· Case examples of community psychology in action.
· Each chapter ends with a critical assessment section
· Discussion points and ideas for exercises that can be
undertaken by the reader, in order to extend critical
· Lists of further resources - e.g. reading, film,
· Authors are members of the largest community psychology
departmental team in Europe.