Fundamental Bacterial Genetics
presents a concise
introduction to microbial genetics. The text focuses on one
bacterial species, Escherichia coli
, but draws examples from
other microbial systems at appropriate points to support the
fundamental concepts of molecular genetics. A solid balance of
concepts, techniques and applications makes this book an
accessible, essential introduction to the theory and practice of
fundamental microbial genetics.
- FYI boxes - feature key experiments that lead to what we now
know, biographies of key scientists, comparisons with other species
- Study questions - at the end of each chapter, review and test
students' knowledge of key chapter concepts.
- Key references - included both at chapter end and in a full
reference list at the end of the book.
- Full Chapter on Genomics, Bioinformatics and Proteomics -
includes coverage of functional genomics and microarrays.
- Dedicated website ? animations, study resources, web
research questions and illustrations downloadable for powerpoint
files provide students and instructors with an enhanced,