Geography Skills for NCEA Level One is a New Zealand write-on textbook for students engaged in programmes of learning that develop geographic skills. For Students preparing for NCEA Level One Geography, the text provides a concise but authoritative introduction to the basic geographical skills required for success in the skills-based external standard and research-based internal standard.
Features of this workbook include:
- A comprehensive skills bank that provides students with clear and concise explanations of the key geographical skills listed in the Teaching and Learning guide for NCEA Geography
- Guidance on the interpretation of geographical resources including: maps, photographs, diagrams, cartoons, images, statistics, keys, graphs, models and surveys
- Contemporary learning activities to reinforce key concepts and skills
- Step-by-step instructions for the construction of geographic resources including: sketch and precis maps, diagrams, models, field sketches and graphs
- Numerous large and up-to-date topographical maps, satellite images and photographs
- Selected answers at the back of the book