The book provides a comprehensive and easily accessible
reference source covering all important aspects of particle
adhesion and removal. The core objective is to cover both
fundamental and applied aspects of particle adhesion and removal
with emphasis on recent developments.
Among the topics to be covered include:
1. Fundamentals of surface forces in particle adhesion and
2. Mechanisms of particle adhesion and removal.
3. Experimental methods (e.g. AFM, SFA,SFM,IFM, etc.) to
understand particle-particle and particle-substrate
4. Mechanics of adhesion of micro- and nanoscale
5. Various factors affecting particle adhesion to a variety of
6. Surface modification techniques to modulate particle
7. Various cleaning methods (both wet & dry) for particle
8. Relevance of particle adhesion in a host of technologies ranging
from simple to ultra-sophisticated.