The Complete Resource for Component 02 of the New AS and A Level Specifications
Religion and Ethics for OCR is an ideal guide for students taking the Religion and Ethics option of either the new AS Level or A Level qualification offered by OCR, starting in September 2016. Drawing on insights gained over years of teaching and following the OCR course outlines closely, Mark Coffey and Dennis Brown’s landmark book includes:
- up-to-date discussions of key debates in religion and ethics
- ethical theories set in their historical context
- discussion of contemporary developments in science, technology and society
- helpful guidance on writing excellent exam answers
- detailed guidance on OCR’s assessment criteria and how best to meet them
- profiles of leading ethical, philosophical and religious thinkers, a glossary and helpful chapter summaries
- discussion questions, activity boxes and thought points.
Religion and Ethics for OCR provides a rigorous and accessible introduction to both historical and contemporary debates in religion and ethics, including chapters on euthanasia and on sex and sexuality. Written with clarity and attention to detail, the book’s user-friendly style will assist all students to achieve their best.
This book, which covers component 02 of the OCR H173 and H573 specifications, should be paired with Philosophy of Religion for OCR by Dennis Brown and Ann Greggs, which covers component 01, and Developments in Christian Thought for OCR by Dennis Brown and Ann Greggs, which covers component 03.