An Historical Introduction
In this engaging text, Arthur Kinney introduces students to
Shakespeare?s plays in the context of Elizabethan and
- Introduces students to Shakespeare's plays in the context of
Elizabethan and Jacobean theater.
- Focuses on the material conditions of playing and of
- Covers venues, audiences, actors, society, government and
- Each topic is considered in relation to a selection of
- Shows students how the plays and the context in which they were
produced illuminate one another.