AS and 1st-Year A Level
An AQA-approved resource.
Sociology for AQA Volume 1
is the new edition of Ken Brownes invaluable and widely used textbook, designed for AQAs new Sociology AS level and Year 1 A level (for first teaching from September 2015). The book combines sociological rigour and accessibility, matching the AQA specifications and using these as a springboard to develop readers sociological skills and understanding. The fifth edition includes:
- up-to-date discussions of a wide range of recent sociological data and debates
- practice questions on every specification topic
- a special chapter on the compulsory Education with Methods in Context requirement of the specifications
- full-colour photographs, diagrams and cartoons, to bring ideas to life and fire students' imaginations
- a dedicated website at www.politybooks.com/browne, with resources for teachers and additional material designed to help students revise or research themes in the book.
Key sociological terms are systematically highlighted throughout the text and are included in a comprehensive glossary, with questions and activities incorporated throughout to develop and test students' understanding further.
Pitched at the right level for the new AQA Sociology specifications, the book provides the tools necessary to help students, whatever their needs, interests and abilities. Together with the accompanying Sociology for AQA Volume 2, this is an invaluable resource for teaching and studying sociology.