Sound Patterns of Spoken English
is a concise, to-the-point
compendium of information about the casual pronunciation of
everyday English as compared to formal citation forms.
- Concise, to-the-point compendium of information about casual
pronunciation of English as compared to citation forms.
- Covers varieties of English language including General American
and Standard Southern British.
- Overlaps the boundaries of several areas of study including
sociolinguistics, lexicography, rhetoric, and speech
- Examines English pronunciation as found in everyday
- Accompanied by website at
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/shockey featuring examples from