This is the second edition of the popular practitioner's guide to SQL, the industry-standard database query language. Like most computer languages, SQL can be overwhelming when you first see it, but for years readers have relied on this book to clear the confusion and explain how SQL works and how to use it effectively. Packed with tips, tricks, and good information, SQL Clearly Explained, Second Edition teaches database users and programmers everything they need to know to get their job done including
· formulating SQL queries,
· understanding how queries are processed by the DBMS,
· maximizing performance,
· using SQL to enter, modify, or delete data,
· creating and maintaining database structural elements, and
· embedding SQL in applications.
· Updated and expanded to include changes in the SQL standard (SQL:1999) as well as recently implemented aspects of SQL-92.
· Includes CD with examples from the book as well as MySQL, a popular open-source DBMS, on which the examples are based.
· Web enhanced with extra features available online at www.mkp.com.
* Second edition of classic SQL handbook
* Updated to cover changes in the SQL language standard (SQL:1999)
* Includes CD with MySQL software