With the current turmoil in the Middle East, there is a growing
interest about Islam?the world?s second largest
religion and one of the fastest growing?and its holy book,
the Koran (or Qur?an). Now, with this easy-to-follow,
plain-English guide, you can explore the history, structure, and
basic tenets of Islam?s sacred scripture.
The Koran For Dummies is for non-Muslims interested in
the Koran as well as Muslims looking to deepen their understanding.
Islamic scholar Sohaib Sultan provides a clear road map,
- The meaning of Koran and its basic message
- The Koran?s place in history and in Islamic spiritual
- Explanations of its language, structure, and narrative
- How to live by the Koran?s teachings
- The Koran?s role in key global issues, such as Jihad vs.
- Different interpretations of the Koran
No other book provides such a straightforward look at what the
Koran says, how it says it, and how believers live according to its
guidance. From how the Koran was received by Mohammed and how it
was compiled to how it?s interpreted by Islam?s two
main branches, you?ll see how to put the Islamic faith in
Plus, you?ll discover:
- What the Koran really says about women and civil law
- How Islam relates to Judaism and Christianity
- The Koran?s view of God, prophets, mankind, and the
- How its teachings are lived and recited every day by devout
- Common misconceptions of the Koran
- How to raise a family the Koranic way
Complete with lists of important passages, Koranic terminology,
famous quotes, and further reading resources, The Koran For
Dummies makes it easy and enjoyable for you to grasp the
teachings and significance of Islam's holy book.