A Comprehensive Resource for Consultants, Facilitators, Coaches, and Trainers
Help groups deliver results with an updated approach to facilitation and consulting
The Skilled Facilitator: A Comprehensive Resource for Consultants, Facilitators, Trainers, and Coaches, Third Edition is a fundamental resource for consultants, facilitators, coaches, trainers, and anyone who helps groups realize their creative and problem-solving potential. This new edition includes updated content based on the latest research and revised models of group effectiveness and mutual learning. Roger M. Schwarz shows how to use the Skilled Facilitator approach to: boost improvement processes such as Six Sigma and Lean, create a psychologically safe learning environment for training, and help coaches work with teams and individuals in real-time. This edition features a new chapter that explains how to facilitate virtual teams using conferencing technology.
Facilitation skills are essential in many kinds of work, and if you are looking to bring your skills up to date it is critical that you rely on trusted information like the knowledge offered in this go-to reference.
- Develop the facilitative mentality and skills that enable you to help groups get better results, even in the most challenging situations
- Help groups achieve greater performances, stronger working relationships, and higher levels of individual well-being
- Quickly develop productive and trusting work relationships with the groups you help
- Establish the functions of your facilitative role
- Implement a research-based, systematic approach to diagnose and intervene in groups and improve their performance and results
The Skilled Facilitator is a practical resource for corporate, government, non-profit, and educational practitioners, as well as graduate students in group-focused programs. This edition contains up-to-date material, based on recent studies, to help facilitators move beyond arbitrary tactics to utilize cutting edge, research-based strategies that improve group processes, relationships, mindsets, and outcomes.