Preparing for Academic Careers in Science and Engineering
is designed to help you prepare for, find, and succeed at academic careers in science and engineering. It looks at the full range of North American four-year academic institutions while featuring 30 vignettes and more than 50 individual stories that bring to life the principles and strategies outlined in the book.
Tailored for today's graduate students, postdocs, and beginning professors, Tomorrow's Professor:
- Presents a no-holds-barred look at the academic enterprise
- Describes a powerful preparation strategy to make you competitive for academic positions while maintaining your options for worthwhile careers in government and industry
- Explains how to get the offer you want and start-up package you need to help ensure success in your first critical years on the job
- Provides essential insights from experienced faculty on how to develop a rewarding academic career and a quality of life that is both balanced and fulfilling
- Bonus material is available for free download at http://booksupport.wiley.com
At a time when anxiety about academic career opportunities for Ph.D.s in these field is at an all-time high, Tomorrow's Professor
provides a much-needed practical approach to career development.