The Encyclopedia received the 2011 RUSA Award for Outstanding Business Reference Source
AN UNPARALLELED UNDERTAKING
The Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science is the first multi-volume encyclopedia devoted to advancing the areas of operations research and management science. The Encyclopedia is available online and in print.
The Encyclopedia was honored with the distinction of an "Outstanding Business Reference Source" by the Reference and User Services Association
DETAILED AND AUTHORITATIVE
Designed to be a mainstay for students and professionals alike, the Encyclopedia features four types of articles at varying levels written by diverse, international contributors.
- Introductory articles provide a broad and moderately technical treatment of core topics.
- Advanced articles review key areas of research in a citation-rich format similar to that of leading review journals.
- Technical articles provide more detailed discussions of key concepts addressed in related articles.
- Case Studies/Historical Interludes present successful and/or interesting examples of operations research and management science methodology in practical or historical contexts.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ENCYCLOPEDIA
- Offers the only cohesive multi-volume reference devoted to operations research and management science theory, methodology, and applications
- Includes over 600 articles with contributions from over 1,000 authors from 45 countries.
- Features an Editorial Board comprised of experts in the field who have vast experience in academia, industry, and government
- Designed to make the content useful and accessible to the widest possible readership
- Provides practical tools to maximize benefits and minimize cost and risk